Durham Immigration Calendar
08:30 AM| Online
Reconnect with your profession in Canada
- Are you new to Canada, 5 years or less?
- Do you have 2 years of work experience in your professional field before coming to Canada?
- Are you unemployed or underemployed and wanting to pursue your chosen career in Canada?
TRIEC Mentoring Partnership helps immigrant professionals reconnect with their career with the help of a Mentor in Canada with a similar professional background.
***In-person services have been cancelled until further notice.
Helping newcomer youth pursue green careers - applications for the Autumn 2022 cohort are now being accepted!
The Newcomer Youth Green Economy Project (NYGEP) is a powerful opportunity for newcomer youth ages 18-29 to start or advance a career in the Canadian environmental sector and grow professionally through job skills training, networking events, project placements, mentorship, field trips, and community connections.
NYGEP is a Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) initiative, funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, that is helping to produce new leaders in conservation.
Throughout the five-month part-time program, participants will have access to learning opportunities in these environmental career pathways:
- Ecological restoration
- Water management
- Green energy / green building
- Environmental education
Program dates: October 29, 2022 to March 25, 2023 (cohort is five months long)
Participants will receive:
- Professional project placements with a host employer in one of the four encironmental career pathways to gain Canadian environmental sector work experience.
- Job search and corporate culture training - eight half-day virtual workshops in which you will learn about corporate culture and job search skills in the environmental sector
- Online training
- In-person and virtual fieldtrips and site visits
- Employment coaching
- Indigenous-themed presentations
- Community connections
Learn more! Register to attend a NYGEP Information Webinar: Tuesday, October 18, 7 to 7:30 p.m.
Be ready to start your new job with confidence! Learn how to make a great first impression at work. Those first few weeks at a new job can be overwhelming. Find out how to put your most professional foot forward. To register for this virtual webinar: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYodeyuqD4oHtHyiQ0rrcHAKsa034n3HPh8
*A confirmation email with your Zoom link will be sent to confirm your registration. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions
11:15 AM| Ajax Welcome Centre: 458 Fairall St #5, Ajax, ON L1S 1R6
Learn how internationally trained professionals are reconnecting with their profession through ELT.
Enhanced Language Training prepares newcomers for the Canadian workplace and provides an internship to gain the practical experience needed.
Join us to learn how ELT can help you.
ELT offers 8 weeks to learn where and how to find the job you want and is followed up by an 8-week internship with a local employer.
Learn: how to tailor your resume, how to make a lasting first impression, how to be successful in your interview, how to get and keep your dream job.
Gain: Canadian experience for your resume, Canadian references, network in your profession
Meet the internship coordinator, learn how ELT can help you reconnect with you profession and ask questions.
02:00 PM| online event
This online event will have representatives from...
- TD Bank
Hiring Immigrant Professional Talent gives newcomer professionals the opportunity to meet employers, build professional networks, and learn valuable job search strategies.
Watch for more HIP-T events in the coming months for job seekers in the Transportation sector and more.
Contact our HIP-T Coordinator to stay connected.
03:00 PM| Online
The Community Connections Program helps to integrate Newcomers into Canadian lifestyle, providing them with social supports to ease the transition through a variety of group activities. Newcomers can:
- Practice English Conversation
- Learn about their community
- Meet people from around the world
- Share stories and experiences
- Attend an informative workshop
- Participate in social events
- Develop networks and make new friends
- Join a walking group
- Connect with settlement Canadians
*In-person programs are suspended until further notice.
03:00 PM| In Person session will be held at: Midtown Mall 200 John St. West, Oshawa, ON, L1J 2B4 Located on 2nd floor (Ontario Works Office) (Elevator is available for 2nd floor access)