Durham Immigration Calendar
08:30 AM| Online
Reconnect with your profession in Canada
- Are you new to Canada, 5 years or less?
- Do you have 2 years of work experience in your professional field before coming to Canada?
- Are you unemployed or underemployed and wanting to pursue your chosen career in Canada?
TRIEC Mentoring Partnership helps immigrant professionals reconnect with their career with the help of a Mentor in Canada with a similar professional background.
***In-person services have been cancelled until further notice.
Helping newcomer youth pursue green careers - applications for the Autumn 2022 cohort are now being accepted!
The Newcomer Youth Green Economy Project (NYGEP) is a powerful opportunity for newcomer youth ages 18-29 to start or advance a career in the Canadian environmental sector and grow professionally through job skills training, networking events, project placements, mentorship, field trips, and community connections.
NYGEP is a Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) initiative, funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, that is helping to produce new leaders in conservation.
Throughout the five-month part-time program, participants will have access to learning opportunities in these environmental career pathways:
- Ecological restoration
- Water management
- Green energy / green building
- Environmental education
Program dates: October 29, 2022 to March 25, 2023 (cohort is five months long)
Participants will receive:
- Professional project placements with a host employer in one of the four encironmental career pathways to gain Canadian environmental sector work experience.
- Job search and corporate culture training - eight half-day virtual workshops in which you will learn about corporate culture and job search skills in the environmental sector
- Online training
- In-person and virtual fieldtrips and site visits
- Employment coaching
- Indigenous-themed presentations
- Community connections
Learn more! Register to attend a NYGEP Information Webinar: Tuesday, October 18, 7 to 7:30 p.m.
Practice your interview skills in a one-on-one session, working on positively presenting your skills and answering common interview questions. Be clear on what to do prior, during, and after the interview to be successful. To register for this remote webinar, please send your name, telephone number, and email address to: email@example.com
02:00 PM| online event
This online event will have representatives from..
- City of Oshawa
- Oshawa Public Library
- Municipality of Clarington
- Township of Uxbridge and others.
Watch for more HIP-T events in the coming months for job seekers in the Finance and Transportation sector and more.
03:00 PM| Online
The Community Connections Program helps to integrate Newcomers into Canadian lifestyle, providing them with social supports to ease the transition through a variety of group activities. Newcomers can:
- Practice English Conversation
- Learn about their community
- Meet people from around the world
- Share stories and experiences
- Attend an informative workshop
- Participate in social events
- Develop networks and make new friends
- Join a walking group
- Connect with settlement Canadians
*In-person programs are suspended until further notice.
04:30 PM| 458 Fairall Street, Unit 5. Ajax On. L1S 1R6