08:30 AM| Online
Are you interested in learning how to do your own taxes? Our Supported Self-Filing Tax Program can help you with FREE Coaching and Support!
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST:
- Have access to a device with reliable internet
- Be comfortable with technology
- A desire to learn how to file your own taxes!
- Annual income is no greater than:
Total Family Income
More than 5 persons
$52,500, plus $2,500 for each additional person
YOU DO NOT QUALIFY IF:
- You have self-employment or investment income.
- Have rental or business income
- You have filed for bankruptcy
- You have a Social Insurance Number that starts with “9”
08:30 AM| 458 Fairall Street, Ajax ON L1S 1R6
Want To Start A Business?
- Entrepreneurial training and workshops
- One-on-one consultations with business experts
- Access to the business community and professionals
- Gain knowledge of Canadian business culture
- Start your business in 3 months
- Everything for free
09:00 AM| Online
Learn what Canadian employers want newcomers to know about getting a job in Canada!
Are you looking for information on how to enter your occupation field in Canada?
JSW OFFERS YOU:
Employment needs assessment by trained Assessors
- 1-on-1 job search coaching
- Pre-employment workshops conducted in a computerized environment
- Specialists who understand the job search needs of people new to Canada
- Personalized Action Plan
- An environment to learn about job search strategies and Canadian business perspective
Who can participate?
Individuals new to Canada who are ready, willing and able to work and able to communicate in the English language, permanent residents, convention refugees or live-in-caregivers.
Understanding and Preventing the Eviction Process
Part 2 in our lunch and learn series will give community workers a brief overview of the eviction process and examine common errors in eviction notices. This webinar provides community workers with information they need to help prevent tenants from being evicted prematurely and possibly at all.
Date and time: Thursday May 12, 12-12:45pm
Speaker: Tracey Lasook, Community Legal Worker/Licensed Paralegal, Kinna-aweya Legal Clinic
Did you miss Navigating Virtual LTB Hearings?
Part 1 of this lunch and learn series will demystify the online hearing process and let you know what to expect and how to support your clients so that they can participate as fully as possible. We discuss how to access Tenant Duty Counsel and mediation services online and options for how to request alternatives to the online hearing process.
Recording and Slides here.
Speaker: Claire Littleton, Lawyer, Kinna-aweya Legal Clinic
Questions for our presenters? If you have any questions about this series or for our presenters, please contact email@example.com. We hope you can join us!
02:00 PM| Online
Do you enjoy interacting with other women?
Join Us Virtually Every Thursday @ 2:00 p.m. and learn About:
- Knitting, crocheting, simple sewing and more.
- Share your creative skills with others.
- Let us have a cup of coffee together, spend time in a friendly and safe environment, while practicing English with the Community Connections Program Volunteers.
06:30 PM| 405 Dundas St W, Whitby, ON L1N 6A1
- Practice English
- Meet new people and learn about Canada with the help of volunteers from Community Development Council Durham (CDCD).
- Drop in to this weekly Thursday evening program - Whitby Library Main Branch