08:30 AM| Online
Are you interested in learning how to do your own taxes? Our Supported Self-Filing Tax Program can help you with FREE Coaching and Support!
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST:
- Have access to a device with reliable internet
- Be comfortable with technology
- A desire to learn how to file your own taxes!
- Annual income is no greater than:
Total Family Income
More than 5 persons
$52,500, plus $2,500 for each additional person
YOU DO NOT QUALIFY IF:
- You have self-employment or investment income.
- Have rental or business income
- You have filed for bankruptcy
- You have a Social Insurance Number that starts with “9”
08:30 AM| Online
Reconnect with your profession in Canada
- Are you new to Canada, 5 years or less?
- Do you have 2 years of work experience in your professional field before coming to Canada?
- Are you unemployed or underemployed and wanting to pursue your chosen career in Canada?
TRIEC Mentoring Partnership helps immigrant professionals reconnect with their career with the help of a Mentor in Canada with a similar professional background.
***In-person services have been cancelled until further notice.
08:30 AM| 458 Fairall Street, Ajax ON L1S 1R6
Want To Start A Business?
- Entrepreneurial training and workshops
- One-on-one consultations with business experts
- Access to the business community and professionals
- Gain knowledge of Canadian business culture
- Start your business in 3 months
- Everything for free
09:00 AM| Online
Learn what Canadian employers want newcomers to know about getting a job in Canada!
Are you looking for information on how to enter your occupation field in Canada?
JSW OFFERS YOU:
Employment needs assessment by trained Assessors
- 1-on-1 job search coaching
- Pre-employment workshops conducted in a computerized environment
- Specialists who understand the job search needs of people new to Canada
- Personalized Action Plan
- An environment to learn about job search strategies and Canadian business perspective
Who can participate?
Individuals new to Canada who are ready, willing and able to work and able to communicate in the English language, permanent residents, convention refugees or live-in-caregivers.
03:00 PM| Online
The Community Connections Program helps to integrate Newcomers into Canadian lifestyle, providing them with social supports to ease the transition through a variety of group activities. Newcomers can:
- Practice English Conversation
- Learn about their community
- Meet people from around the world
- Share stories and experiences
- Attend an informative workshop
- Participate in social events
- Develop networks and make new friends
- Join a walking group
- Connect with settlement Canadians
*In-person programs are suspended until further notice.