08:30 AM| Online
Are you interested in learning how to do your own taxes? Our Supported Self-Filing Tax Program can help you with FREE Coaching and Support!
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST:
- Have access to a device with reliable internet
- Be comfortable with technology
- A desire to learn how to file your own taxes!
- Annual income is no greater than:
Total Family Income
More than 5 persons
$52,500, plus $2,500 for each additional person
YOU DO NOT QUALIFY IF:
- You have self-employment or investment income.
- Have rental or business income
- You have filed for bankruptcy
- You have a Social Insurance Number that starts with “9”
08:30 AM| Online
Reconnect with your profession in Canada
- Are you new to Canada, 5 years or less?
- Do you have 2 years of work experience in your professional field before coming to Canada?
- Are you unemployed or underemployed and wanting to pursue your chosen career in Canada?
TRIEC Mentoring Partnership helps immigrant professionals reconnect with their career with the help of a Mentor in Canada with a similar professional background.
***In-person services have been cancelled until further notice.
08:30 AM| 458 Fairall Street, Ajax ON L1S 1R6
Want To Start A Business?
- Entrepreneurial training and workshops
- One-on-one consultations with business experts
- Access to the business community and professionals
- Gain knowledge of Canadian business culture
- Start your business in 3 months
- Everything for free
02:00 PM| Online Event
Are you a recent immigrant to Canada with experience in the Pharmaceutical sector?
Join the next online HIP-T session to learn what employers are looking for.
- Meet Employers in Durham
- Build your professional network
- Learn valuable job search strategies
Employers at this event will be:ThermoFisher Scientific among others
Watch for more HIP-T events in the coming months for job seekers in various sectors. Contact our HIP-T Coordinator to stay connected. firstname.lastname@example.org 905-420-3008.
03:00 PM| Online
The Community Connections Program helps to integrate Newcomers into Canadian lifestyle, providing them with social supports to ease the transition through a variety of group activities. Newcomers can:
- Practice English Conversation
- Learn about their community
- Meet people from around the world
- Share stories and experiences
- Attend an informative workshop
- Participate in social events
- Develop networks and make new friends
- Join a walking group
- Connect with settlement Canadians
*In-person programs are suspended until further notice.
06:00 PM| Online
Citizenship Preparation for ESL Learners: CLB 4+ Monday and Wednesday Nights ONLINE. Check our website at www.con-ed.ca for more information and to register.
NO CERTIFICATE will be issued for this class. Questions? Class Location: ONLINE via Zoom & D2L Brightspace Learning Platform. For the Online Registration Form, use your phone camera to scan the QR code.